About Posty's Sinona Creek Trading Post
Posty's Sinona Creek Trading Post was established in 1947 in Chistochina, Alaska by Beatrice Poston. Bea, as she was known, opened it originally as a small convience store that served hamburgers and milkshakes for the Alaska Road Commission crew. Over the years it grew and in 1968 they built a new store building to expand. The store operated from 1947 to 1981 when Bea and her husband, Irving "Posty", retired.
In 2005 Ernie and Barbara Charley purchased the store from the Poston's, and reopened Posty's. Ernie and Barbara have known Bea and her husband since they were children and were very good friends with them when they were older. Posty's Sinona Creek Trading Post is now a convience store, gas station, and a gift shop that specializes in local authentic native crafts.
The Posty's Native Gift Shop website is operated by Stacie Charley. Stacie Charley is the daughter of Ernie and Barbara Charley.